Couple questions...

I connected my laptop to the television via VGA (the double-ended blue-tipped cable with two screws on each end) before I found the hdmi cable laying around.
When the laptop was connected, it worked just fine, but not when the desktop was connected.

As far as a different monitor/television goes, no I have not tried another television.

Last edited:
Have you tried a different monitor / different input? (DVI)

But I have to also agree about the PSU... I personally go with about 100-150 watts OVER specs, so I have some wiggle room.

Newegg.com - EVGA 500 B 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified 500W Active PFC ATX12V v2.31/EPS 12V v2.91 3 Year Warranty 100-B1-0500-KR Power Supply

+1 on the evga good price to

The EVGA PSU is the same rating as the Diablotek on amazon I linked to earlier, but roughly $30 more.
Is the EVGA worth the extra money?

Last edited:
it is really up to you. evga is a very good brand i never used their psu but i had their video cards and never had a problem. i personally don't trust that $20 psu for long time use on ur rig.
but hey u never know it might work just fine for u.

Thank you both for your help. I'll look for a beefed up PSU. In the mean time, I'll definitely check the system on another monitor/television, just in case. I really hope that this is the problem I'm having, and if it isn't, I'll be sure to make another post for further assistance.

Again, thank you both for your help.

evga is excellent for the support they offer. If something went wrong and you had to RMA the PSU; you would find very little issues or problems in doing so. I can't say the same with Diablotek.

The EVGA is 80+ Bronze and the Diablotek is not
EVGA has 40 amps on the +12v
Diablotek has 17

You get what you pay for and that EVGA has some decent bang for the buck

Back
Top Bottom