the bug bites again...the GPU bug

Well CRAP it's not the gaming 780ti, it's the reference. Dude had "gaming" in the description on cl. Really really want to stick with the black and red theme plus I like the cooler MUCH better.
Newegg has the (non-ti) gaming 780 for 529, and it comes with 3 free games.
So now I'm leaning towards that.
Someone help me with the difference between ti and non, and lets discuss wether the difference warrants me jacking up my color scheme lol

The ti is stock OCed and one of the fastest cards out right now.

But if your not worried about the OC... 30 extra for 3 games (depending on what they are might be worth it)

Either way your not making a bad decision with getting a 780, IMO

THe TI is a fully unlocked GK110 chip and has like 300 more cores than the 780. Dude, it would be seriously unwise to pass up the TI just because of a stupid color scheme. You can always buy aftermarket cooling for it or paint it.

The games are arkham origins, splinter cell, and ac black flag.
He didn't say he'd take 500, seemed like he was gonna stick at 550, he gonna send me pics of it here in a bit.
But it's the silver reference msi with green GeForce led. Which totally doesn't match my stuff (lol anal).
The gaming 780 gets a boost being paired with my g45 gaming mobo. So I'm wondering what actual performance difference there woukd be.
The reference ti is 670 on newegg atm.

THe TI is a fully unlocked GK110 chip and has like 300 more cores than the 780. Dude, it would be seriously unwise to pass up the TI just because of a stupid color scheme. You can always buy aftermarket cooling for it or paint it.

I'm kinda leaning this way...if he takes 500 for it I will almost certainly pounce on it.

The games are arkham origins, splinter cell, and ac black flag.
He didn't say he'd take 500, seemed like he was gonna stick at 550, he gonna send me pics of it here in a bit.
But it's the silver reference msi with green GeForce led. Which totally doesn't match my stuff (lol anal).
The gaming 780 gets a boost being paired with my g45 gaming mobo. So I'm wondering what actual performance difference there woukd be.
The reference ti is 670 on newegg atm.
Uh, the card doesn't get a boost just because it's paired with the board. Not sure where you got that info from. Each Geforce 700 series card has GPU Boost 2.0 which runs by itself regardless of the rest of your setup.

Seriously, it would be quite dumb to pass up a 550 dollar 780ti over matching colors. Even my friend is like wtf, cause he just dropped 1400 on brand new 780ti cards lol.

Back
Top Bottom