Cable managment on the Coolermaster k350

Geoman37

Baseband Member
So I got a new pc and decided to go with the Coolermaster k350 as it was on offer- I got a fairly good psu and the k350 for £50. I put my new system together and routed all the cables through the holes on the motherboard tray. The cpu power wasn't quite long anogh but I though one cable not being routed behing the tray can't be too bad and in the end my whole build actually looked quite neat. However when I tried to put the right side panel on I was dismayed to find that not even a a sata cable could be put behind the motherboard tray- there is only about half a cm of clearance. This not only begs the question as to why Coolermaster bothered making the cutouts if they knew there is not really enough room to put cables behind the tray, but also how could I solve this problem. At the moment I am considering not putting the side panel on but there must be a way of modding the case to allow cables (other than the front panel ones) to be passed through the back by increasing clearance. Any ideas?

Looks like that case is based off the HAF 922. You could email CM and see if the HAF 922 side panels will fit on it because they have a slight bulge for cables. Otherwise there isn't much you can do besides force the panel on and let it be bent slightly like the rest of us. I have to do this with practically all TT cases.

Hopefully his side panel isn't made of a thicker metal... My Thor seems to have some strangely thick steel panels, they don't bend... Caused a 12v+ line to get cut into on the mobo tray, was a rather interesting thing to hear the breaker on the PSU trip as soon as I plugged it up, made me go, "wtf".

Back
Top Bottom