Wasting money to heat your house.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok so I upgraded to crossfire 290s and flashed those to 290x. This brought a problem with it. I had to turn the fans up on my rads to keep these suckers cool. So how do you solve this problem? You add more radiators and get a bigger case. Figured I'd start a build log since most likely I'll end up putting this together over a few days as I'm going to wait til the last minute to tear down the UFO. And if I have a stroke on the way home from work, I might even decide to move my 3570k to a different rig and use it for litecoin mining and put a 4670k in.

That brings me to a quick question before getting started. What would be the most optimal routing.
Parts list.
MountainMods.com-Computer Cases-Ascension Crystal Ship CYO-Ascension CYO (Crystal Ship - Custom Computer Case)
2x MountainMods.com-Water Cooling-Pumps-Swiftech MCP-655 Pump w/speed control
4xhttp://www.mountainmods.com/swiftech-mcr-320-qpk-p-381.html
MountainMods.com-Water Cooling-Radiators-Swiftech-Swiftech - MCR-120 QP
2x EK Radeon R9-290X VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Acrylic (EK-FC R9-290X) - FrozenCPU.com
Koolance cpu block (can't seem to find the model I have for sale anymore)

Can't understand why flashing them would cause such a major heat build up compared to the 290 setup. From what I'm to understand the difference isn't that major going from 290 to 290x.

i have been a mechanic all of my life. your computer makes me think about plans for a Jaguar V-12 shoehorned into an Opel Cadet GT! (p.s., never happened)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom