Major HDD Issue!!

DznFusion

Beta member
So ive had my computer for about 1 year with monthly upgrades (last upgrade was on the 17/10/2013) and recently one of my HDD's (the mass storage one with everything on it) has decided to keep unmounting its self and crashing my computer ive checked all cables nothing loose no new hardware or software as been installed in the last month and the whole computer is protected by norton 360 gold.

I really need helps as i cannot play any games watch my movies or even do work on it!.

P.s after its unmounted a PC restart re mounts it which lasts for a few minutes then it unmounts again.

I'm guessing it's an external HDD, or is this an internal HDD?

If it's an external, I'd try it on another PC if you can. If it does the same thing (unmounts after a few minutes) then either the actual HDD inside is going back, or it's just the enclosure that's going bad (more likely than the actual HDD going bad according to the problem you're describing).

No its an internal HDD its the original HDD that came with the pc so there is no reason for it to be doing this and as i said i keep onto of maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom