Video Card and Processor PC Upgrade

Onjin

Beta member
Hello,

I am new here. I need to upgrade my PC in order to run No Limits Roller Coaster Simulator once available. I am a complete novice to PC builds/upgrades, so I am here to ask a few questions on that subject.

My PC: ASUS Essentio
Model: Desktop PC CM1740 Series
Processor: AMD A8-3800 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.40 GHz
RAM: 8 GB

First question: What is compatible with this current set up I have in regards to video card and processors? The developers of the above mentioned simulator have stated that a very fast graphics card will be needed. And even added (seriously) to the end.

Second question: I know I will need a better processor. What is a compatible processor for my setup? I have no idea what type of mother board I have. I want to be able to buy my parts and have someone install it for me. I'll break something more than likely.

I wish I knew a bit more in order to tell you everything that is in my PC.

Any help is appreciated. If you need more information, please ask.

Thank you for the help.

-Onjin

Well you have an FM1 motherboard which is rather old and Newegg only has 2 CPUs available for it which are both worse than what you have. In this case if you want to upgrade your CPU then you'll need to upgrade your motherboard too.

I just Googled what you were talking about and did not find anything recent (albiet a quick Google) on this game. Can't really recommend a GPU without knowing the exact details but will need a budget for that anyways. A good GPU upgrade will definitely need a new PSU in your machine.

Back
Top Bottom