New Help w/ PC Build

Yea I did understand that.

Going to be purchasing the Case and Power Supply first.

Any big advantage getting a case thats a bit more expensive with more "fans"

Yea I did understand that.

Going to be purchasing the Case and Power Supply first.

Any big advantage getting a case thats a bit more expensive with more "fans"
Having more fans doesn't equate to better airflow, and neither does a bigger case for that matter. Case design and the quality of fans depicts air flow. So with that being said to answer your question the answer is no.

Instead of the mobo big dog posted how about this one with that processor?

Newegg.com - ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Complete waste of money buying that board.

Sorry I guess I was really bad with reading.

Could you share some links with me on CPU and Mobo combo? I think he is just going with what he has and it works for him.

Like Yevrag35 says I should just spend more money on a better GPU, I'm seriously like all over the place still, reason why I only ordered my case and power supply today.

I do of course greatly appreciate all the info everyone is giving me. But makes sense to go with something more advance and have better graphics.

Like I said I am piecing this thing together and just simply want something that is going to work awesome.

You want a good base. Get the 4670k now and you won't have to worry about upgrading your CPU for a few years and then you can just get a better GPU as the next generation comes out. That is your better option. The 3820 and X79 platform came out in 2011 and although it's still extremely capable (I have a 3960x myself) I can't recommend that platform to anybody unless they have some serious cash to spend. The 4670k is faster at gaming than even my 1000 dollar processor because it's a good 20-25% faster due to it being 2 generations ahead.

Not only that, but if you go back and take a look what you're saying realy doesn't make that much sense. The 3820 that he recommended is more expensive than the faster 4670k by about 70 bucks. We also suggested a GTX 760 which is a perfectly capable card.

Edit: Also if you're not wondering why I did not link anything it's because he linked practically everything I would have in the first post besides the RAM which I corrected.

Last edited:
Thanks a ton man! Makes a ton of sense to me, one of my buddies back home in Indy just purchased a 760 last night at Frys so this is making more sense to me now.

Back
Top Bottom