DVD drive and W-LAN cable Issue

Druid

Fully Optimized
edit: Title should say card not cable

Today, I noticed that my dvd drive wasn't working properly when I tried to install some software. It isn't being detected by windows. I've had issues with it before, but a restart would always resolve it.

In the device manager, it says this:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

I tried reconnecting it to the computer, and it still didn't work. At this point, I noticed that windows wasn't seeing my W-LAN PCI card in "change adapter settings" from the "Network and sharing center." The device manager listed it as working properly, however.

I tried re-seating the card but no dice.

I then tried toggling the plug and play setting in the BIOS on and off, and neither worked.

I don't know what to do here. Any help with either issue would be much appreciated.

Thank you

edit: Title should say card not cable

Today, I noticed that my dvd drive wasn't working properly when I tried to install some software. It isn't being detected by windows. I've had issues with it before, but a restart would always resolve it.

In the device manager, it says this:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

I tried re-seating the card but no dice.

I then tried toggling the plug and play setting in the BIOS on and off, and neither worked.

I don't know what to do here. Any help with either issue would be much appreciated.

Thank you

try the wireless wireless nic on another computer to confirm it is working or not.
If it doesn't come on and look for any signals your best bet is to look for network wireless adapter.

Also what software were you trying to install in order for your dvd drive not to work ?
The model number of your drive would help.

Please view these and attempt to fix the code 19 error.
Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

Read what SpiritX MS MVP has to say as well:
Lost CD/DVD drive, Error code 19 says damaged Registry problem. - Microsoft Community

Network card wasn't seated well.

Had to plug the dvd drive into a different port on the motherboard to get it re-recognized.

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom