Using USB to update BIOS?

Well I went to the Dell site itself and got the same file you have. It appears this thing needs to be flashed from within Windows unless somebody else has a better idea.

okay, I think I found someone who had the exact same problem. But honestly I don't know a lot about computers. This is what he had to say:"I did some more tests and succeeded in flashing the firmware to A09 version:
1) I ran the firmware tool on another computer, waiting for it to extract its data into temporary folder. When the extraction dialog box closed, I went to %TEMP%\ExtactTemp\ and copied the files to a FAT16 USB pendrive (sometimes the file default.rsp had an additional ".bak" extension; this needed to be renamed to "default.rsp").
2) I inserted the pendrive into a USB port of the L322X while powered off, disconnected the power cable, pressed the END key, reconnected the power cable and released the END key after 1 second. This caused the laptop to start automatically and directly boot the DOS flash utility on the pendrive.
3) The flash utility started reading the current BIOS and as expected, it failed and caused a restart. I kept repeating step 2 (tens of times) and the flash utility eventually succeeded in reading the ROM and completed the flash operation successfully."

Like my question is from step 1). How did he run the bios and extract it into a temporary folder? Thanks a lot for helping me.

He did that within Windows on another PC or his own. The program they provide is meant to flash the bios from within Windows which is why it keeps erroring out.

Back
Top Bottom