Sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorysK

Baseband Member
What is Up with SP2. My rig ran fine before i installed it, and immediately after install it crashed. I have heard many mixed reviews, but nothing too convincing. I was unsure if I should install it or not, thats why i waited untill last week to finally install it. Does anyone have anything to say? feel free to speak your mind, but dont try to hijack the thread.

what kind of crash are you talking about? just problems, or BSOD without recovery?

I've installed SP2 on about 200 odd computers and I have not had more then a few minor issues. Most of the problems were with Spyware or virus's being present on the machine.
My 2 cents

Crash as in FUBAR. I would not even go into bios. Tried everything and finally gave up and started to build a new rig.

Yea sp2 totally sucks. I installed xp pro and decided to keep up to date and install sp2. After a day I turn on the pc to boot to xp pro, and guess what? Nothing happens the pc just restarts everytime.

Pavlyk, Mine did the same thing for a while and then it would not even turn on. When I tested the mobo and proc separately, both were dead. No explanation... . I've never had a virus or anything of that sort and never had any problems with that PC, that is untill SP2 was installed.

Long before I joined this forum, I posted this on another forum and I stand by it now...

I got a brand new hard drive today so I was going from a FRESH install of XP Pro...nothing there but Windows XP Pro, and I had to install my keyboard. but that was the ONLY item I installed before installing the SP's and critical updates, cause I had burned them to cd.

Tried TWICE to install SP2 and crashed halfway thru. Had to uninstall it. Now this was with NOTHING on here but Windows XP Pro and my danged keyboard! And SP1a. And the other Critical Updates. Nothing ELSE! NOTHING. I did NOT have ANY other software INSTALLED so how in the blazes could it conflict with anything?

I gave up and will NOT install it until later. It may be here to stay but NOT at MY house or on my computer until much later. As far as I'm concerned SP2 IS A VIRUS! Liz

I know that I'm probably getting bits and pieces of SP2 in dribbles and drabs but I have until April to download it and that is how long it will be before I install. They aren't making me before then and I won't have it on my compture until then. Liz

I dont see how microsoft could release crap like this. Didnt they test it before release. My hard drives only contained ripped DVD's, and my OS with SP1a. It had nothing to complain about, oh wait i had PowerDVD and WinAmp loaded, because the system was used as a media center, and it had been perfectly fine and stable for over 2 years.

Settle down. :confused:

People having fatal problems with their PC's after installing SP2 are a very small minority.

Considering that SP2 is a service-pack and not a regular update, I would assume you had read the release notes that came with it. If not, well, hopefully you won't fall into any more holes on your own accord once we dig you out of this one.

For now, post us some specs on your box. Software too, as something in there may be causing a conflict. Lastly, a trip to the Microsoft troubleshooting pages and forums would be advisable in helping you identify your problem, though we will certainly do what we can to sort you out (if possible). :)

Weird, I heard that the only ones that have problems are the ones with bootleged copies of XP. SP2 has major security updates. Theyre trying to keep the bad people out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom