Using USB to update BIOS?

kidmo87

In Runtime
First of all sorry if I posted this in wrong thread. Can someone tell me how to update my bios using a usb? I would just run the .exe and let my computer do it by itself but my computer is going through some problems. I have a dell inspiron 17r 5270. Thanks a lot.

First of all sorry if I posted this in wrong thread. Can someone tell me how to update my bios using a usb? I would just run the .exe and let my computer do it by itself but my computer is going through some problems. I have a dell inspiron 17r 5270. Thanks a lot.
If you have to flash via the quick flash using the bios then it should be a .bin file that you copy to your flash drive which needs to be formatted in FAT32 for the bios to see it. Just copy it over, use the option to flash the bios, then flash via the provided file.

Yes I have. The problem is that there is something wrong with my computer. A lot of times when I turn it on, it wont boot. Like my dell logo wont appear. If I keep trying to turn it on, it eventually works. When I called dell techs, they told me to install the new bios, but got errors. My warranty expired, so I have to pay for them to send someone. But without me knowing, some of my drivers weren't installed and that's why the bios flash didn't work. Now when I install the bios, my computer has to restart, but every time I restart my computer, even if I'm not trying to install the bios, the computer has a black screen as if its off but its not. I have no idea what to do. Any advice would be great.

Back
Top Bottom