Looking to Upgrade my Hardware

Zorrle

Beta member
Hi guys,

I'm new to this website (Googl'ing "computer upgrade forums" kinda sent me here :p ) and I was hoping I could get some advice.

I recently bought Battlefield 4 for the PC and attempted to play it on Ultra graphics settings like I do all my other games. Suffice to say my FPS was left a little lacking; namely because it was in the single digits.

Hence, I am here (with my computer specs linked below) asking for your help as a novice-techie on how to upgrade my computer without spending a fortune. I'm guessing that my graphics card or CPU could do with a bit of an upgrade, though I stress that I am guessing, and I was hoping for some recommended products that could be bought to upgrade the current rig I use. If it wasn't made clear already I use a Windows PC rather than a laptop.

The specs listed below were found simply by right-clicking "My Computer" and hitting "Properties." If any other information is needed by you guys (y'know, passwords, emails, credit card details, etc ;) ) let me know, hehe.

Thanks in advance :)

Andy.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6750

Oh yea we're definitely gonna need them credit card and bank details ;)

Lucky for you, the CPU and RAM are good. Your only problem is that GPU which is exceptionally weak for BF4.

Before I make any recommendations, first I need to know the model and wattage of your PSU. Next, I need to know your budget.

Hey man, cheers for the swift reply, I want expecting much at 2:30am xD

Unfortunately I have no idea what my PSU is, or where to find those details out :/ however if you point me in the right direction I should be able to get them for you when I turn on my PC tomorrow :)

Also, I don't really know how much graphics cards are in the first place so I can't really give you a budget beyond "nothing over £500" ^^.

I apologise if I come across as a complete scrub but I know next to nothing about computer hardware :/

Still before 9PM over here in Texas mate ;)

The PSU is the power supply or the power box inside your case where all the cables come out of to power your components. You will need to take your side panel off and look at the sticker to tell me what it says. A picture of said sticker would be fine too if it's clear.

Graphics cards can be anything from 40-6000 or more. Just depends on what you want to get out of it. In your case, something in the 150-300 pound range would be just fine for BF4. You can go ahead and look up either the GTX 760 or R9 280x (if in stock) over on Scan.co.uk or Ebuyer.com. If you have a prebuilt computer you will most likely need to add another 50 pound to that for a good PSU to run the new graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom