New Gaming Build

steve10765

Daemon Poster
So I have a serious buyer willing to buy my computer for $500, maybe $510. I am selling everything in my current build beside my PSU, Case, cooler, and SSD.
-he is getting my old rosewill challenger u3, and my old 600watt PSU

Here is what I am looking at buying for my next build
AMD FX-4130, Asus Radeon R9 270X - System Build - PCPartPicker
I would say its a good upgrade. very slightly better CPU, a better GPU, better ram(the 1866 is also the cheapest so double win!) and better mobo.

-NOTE I need a mobo with a 2xUSB 3.0 IO connector, keep that in mind before you make recommendations.

should I change the GPU to Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-R927XOC-2GD Radeon R9 270X 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card ? I get BF4 coupon which I could sell for at least $20 (already own bf4) but I don't want something too loud and too hot, especially when summer comes around and I haven't bothered to set up the AC yet. there aren't too many temperature/noise benchmarks online for the card so maybe you guys could help.

also I wouldn't worry about too much PCB sag, you can prevent this by having your power cable to the GPU slightly pulling up.

Last edited:
Don't downgrade your CPU for a minor GPU upgrade. That makes no sense.

The CPU isn't a downgrade, its almost the same but is with the newer piledriver architecture, and the 270x is a 7870 which is a bit better than a 560. I also get more USB ports on the new mobo, but thats not a big deal.(old one didnt have IO usb 3.0 thing so i had to extend it to the back of mobo)

Do you really think its not worth it?
I think I may still go through with the deal, but I want to know your opinion. I can always change the build if its definitely needed.

EDIT: maybe an upgrade to an FX 6300 or intel i3 4130 ?
ALSO i have a hyper 212 evo so i can overclock the AMD

Last edited:
It isn't almost the same actually as IPC is still lower on those than a true 965 quad at 4GHz. Don't forget how AMD works their new CPUs. You're getting a 2 module CPU which means practically like an i3 except slower.

A 270x is 7870XT which is pretty much the performance I get with a 580 on a slight OC. That's why I said, not exactly worth a small GPU upgrade. It would only be a viable upgrade if you were getting at LEAST the FX 6300.

It isn't almost the same actually as IPC is still lower on those than a true 965 quad at 4GHz. Don't forget how AMD works their new CPUs. You're getting a 2 module CPU which means practically like an i3 except slower.

A 270x is 7870XT which is pretty much the performance I get with a 580 on a slight OC. That's why I said, not exactly worth a small GPU upgrade. It would only be a viable upgrade if you were getting at LEAST the FX 6300.

fx 6300 it is then
thanks, i thought the 4100 was pretty much the same except the newer architecture, not like a dual core with like semi hyperthreading or whatever its called

I explain it in my thread rather clearly. AMD FX processors use a module system. 1 module = 2 physical cores that share split information. It's a physical implementation of HT. So a "4 core" FX is a dual module, or much like an i3. The down side to this is much less single threaded performance compared to Intel CPUs (and Phenom 2) which matters in games.
Also, the 4130 is of the Zambezi architecture, not Vishera. So it's Bulldozer, and technically slower than your 965 across the board.

Back
Top Bottom