Upgraded GPU... flickering now.

I just plugged my old 9800 gt back in and it had no issues, only that it's old and the fan is rather slow, so I'm scared and it makes this weird sound.

Should I just RMA my 650 Ti and see what happens?

Note I did not "update / change" my drivers from the 650 to the 9800 drivers.

Since you mention youtube: On youtube it seems to be normal, that HD videos (1080p and 720p) freeze often. This is not a device problem, it seems a server problem from youtube.

I just plugged my old 9800 gt back in and it had no issues, only that it's old and the fan is rather slow, so I'm scared and it makes this weird sound.

Should I just RMA my 650 Ti and see what happens?

Note I did not "update / change" my drivers from the 650 to the 9800 drivers.
Nope cause you said the 650ti works fine in another machine right?

i'm taking a gamble here have you tried updating adobe flash and using a codec pack like this one.
Free-Codecs.com | Download K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 10.2
try updating adobe flash and get that codec also if its only happening with youtube it could be on their end.
i watch tons of movies and tv shows. I wipe my pc at least once every year and first i make sure i get latest video drivers, adobe flash player, vlc, k lite mega codec pack.

Since you mention youtube: On youtube it seems to be normal, that HD videos (1080p and 720p) freeze often. This is not a device problem, it seems a server problem from youtube.
It's with 360p as well.
Nope cause you said the 650ti works fine in another machine right?
Yes it worked with another machine with a i7-3xxx CPU.
i'm taking a gamble here have you tried updating adobe flash and using a codec pack like this one.
Free-Codecs.com | Download K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 10.2
try updating adobe flash and get that codec also if its only happening with youtube it could be on their end.
i watch tons of movies and tv shows. I wipe my pc at least once every year and first i make sure i get latest video drivers, adobe flash player, vlc, k lite mega codec pack.
I will try that today!

Have you tried just reseating the 650ti until it worked? I ask this because you said previously the 9800 gave the same problem in that machine, but just said it didn't earlier. Wondering if the slot may need to be cleaned or something or the card isn't making good contact.

Back
Top Bottom