opinions on these boards and processor.

Drogos

Daemon Poster
So here is the thing. i'm currently using a rampage III with a i7 950.
A buddy gave me a crosshair formula v with a x6 1100t. He tho it was broken but all it needed was a change of thermal paste and worked just fine.
now im told that the processor isnt a upgrade and according to find online is not that big of a difference i could be reading it wrong.

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T vs Intel Core i7-950

My question is this. That crosshair v has better features and all sata ports are 6GB
and has usb 3.0 for the front of my case. Im a gamer but i tho i wasn't going to need those features but i kind of do lol. i was wondering if it would be worth using that board and the 1100t. Maybe overclock it since i have a h60 hydro i can use on it. would it be worth the hassle ?

thanks in advance

Like I said in your other thread, the 950 is better. You can find cheap eVGA boards with SATA3 and USB3 on Ebay if you actually desire such things. The H60 won't stand up too long to an overclocked X6.

ok is not worth the hassle then thanks again mate. i kind of got bitten by the experiment bug this week. is what happends wen u got nothing play lol.

I'm going through the same thing really. I bought an H100 just to strap onto my 580 but really I know it'll do nothing but just kill time and make me want a new card.

In all honesty though think about it this way. I went from a 955BE to an i5 750 in 2009 because the architecture is seriously better. The i7 950 is better than both, and the X6 is a 955 just with 2 extra cores. Not really any gain there. I would just sell all 4 and go with a Haswell setup :)

Back
Top Bottom