BIOS detects hard drive but not in My computer

Blazemaster

Baseband Member
Ok so I just built a new pc and I migrated my 4 hard drives and bought 1 new hard drive. In bios all the harddrives are detected but it will not automatically boot up it gives me a missing boot mgr error so I go into Bios and I ovveride boot to the specific harddrive i have formatted with windows 7 and it works all of my hard drives are detected except the new one I bought. Also I know 2 of my hard drives are in a raid set up I want to not have any hard drives in raid and I think this is why i'm getting that boot mgr error can somebody please help me.

You have to go to control panel, administrative tools, computer management, click on disc management, then click on the HDD that isn't showing up. Create new volume and should be good to go.

Sweet man Thx for the input I'll try that when I get home from work if this fixes it Im gonna feel really stupid thanks pp your always a help I'll post the results once I get home from work

Ok thank you pp that seemed to fix the problem hard drive is ready to go now, now I got one more question I wanna migrate everything from my old hard drives to the new one including the os which is windows 7 deep blue how would I go about doing this cause i want this hard driuve to be my boot drive

I actually switched to Clonezilla myself due to how Acronis has changed lately. Either one is fine though. Just make sure to make an image first for backup purposes then swap over.

Back
Top Bottom