Random Crashes

Fiends

Solid State Member
Been having this problem for a few months now. Computer just freezes or begins to act a little bugged out before it totally crashes. It completely freezes and it's somewhat random. Really have no idea why this is happening, sometimes my mouse cursor will get a little bit glitched before it goes, it's colours will change and get a little messed up.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks a lot!

Would you be able to provide some further information?

Is this happening regardless of the applications that you'll have running at the time?
What's the spec of the computer like?
Have you performed any diagnostic tests? (If so, what have the results been)

Cheers

Fiends said:
Really have no idea why this is happening, sometimes my mouse cursor will get a little bit glitched before it goes, it's colours will change and get a little messed up.
What OS are you running?

If colors are changing on you, then you could possibly look at your graphics drivers crashing as the problem.

Also, could be malware as well...

No malware, perhaps graphics drivers but I've updated and reinstalled them a few times. I get no errors so I am really lost for what's going on. The colours of my cursor change, not the colours of the screen. Windows 7.

have you checked ALL your drivers? have you checked windows update for any hidden updates? what are you doing/have open, when it crashes/starts to crash?

At worst case... I would repair/reinstall Windows. Sounds like something (minor) is corrupt, and the few times that the OS accesses it; Bang, crash...

Try to do a clean boot , configure the msconfig and disable some apps as well as the services , make sure that you put a check on a box for microsoft .Try also booting the unit on safe mode ,

I have done everything but a clean install of Windows. I am thinking I'll try that next time. Nothing in particular is open, not sure why it happens.

My computer messed up as well after I installed new graphics drivers, It worked after I used system restore.

Back
Top Bottom