Lost CD rom drive/ Reformat Disk?

keops

Baseband Member
Hi,

I've installed a burning software( during the month of July) which messed up with my CD Rom , it disappears, when I look at my computer it's not there. but sometimes it re-appears,
when I open my Itunes: the registry settings used by the Itunes drivers for importing and burning CD are missing this can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software.
I've tried a lot of things including : Reg edit, I even restore my laptop to a certain date, it said can't restore your pc to dec/10! so my restore doesn't work anymore, I did restore before for something else.
my last option is reformat my disk, but will it help to recover my CD Drive ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, it should since it's a software problem.

Unless your CD drive actually, physically died then it should work fine.

Is this the only CD drive?
If you really have a CD Rom drive, then burning software won't work because you can't burn a CD with a Rom drive. You should have a CD-RW drive to burn disks

Is this the only CD drive?
If you really have a CD Rom drive, then burning software won't work because you can't burn a CD with a Rom drive. You should have a CD-RW drive to burn disks

He didn't say he was trying to burn anything; he said that's the error message that iTunes pops up with when he opens it.

I guess I got thrown off course when I saw this:
I've installed a burning software( during the month of July) which messed up with my CD Rom
I don't see how installing this software would do anything unless the OP already had something else already on his pc....Like Nero and Roxio at the same time. I have heard that they do conflict and will play havoc with windows.
But with a CD Rom drive, there's no logical reason to install a CD burning program on the pc in the first place

I guess I got thrown off course when I saw this:

I don't see how installing this software would do anything unless the OP already had something else already on his pc....Like Nero and Roxio at the same time. I have heard that they do conflict and will play havoc with windows.
But with a CD Rom drive, there's no logical reason to install a CD burning program on the pc in the first place
it does mess up with CD rom drive that's why I post here, but I never install a CD burning , I just install the burning software which messed up my CD Drive.

Right now, I'm checking my computer, the DVD RAM DRIVE: E is there but sometimes it disappears, it mean when I insert a CD , it can't read

Thanks Canagex, I'll reformat my disk , this is my last resort to bring back my CD dirve ;)

Back
Top Bottom