BSOD error "Not Less or Equal"

I'll test it tonight while I sleep.

So, I lied. I'm testing the memory right now. As of this moment, I've got 16,177 errors. This seems like quite a few to me. I'm wondering what the philosophy is for the Memtest86 program. Since I've already shown errors, does that mean the test is over? Should I go ahead and reboot, slot in only one stick and try again? What will the test be able to tell me at the end besides that there were errors?

So, I lied. I'm testing the memory right now. As of this moment, I've got 16,177 errors. This seems like quite a few to me. I'm wondering what the philosophy is for the Memtest86 program. Since I've already shown errors, does that mean the test is over? Should I go ahead and reboot, slot in only one stick and try again? What will the test be able to tell me at the end besides that there were errors?

Yes, test 1 stick at a time.

The test will tell you which stick is bad. If there are any errors (even 1), then the RAM is bad. If you're getting that many errors... then holy crap that's definitely an issue.

So put in 1 stick at a time and test individually to find out which RAM module(s) is/are giving you the errors.

So, it's somewhat premature, but I think I've determined which one of my memory sticks is bad. When I replace it, I know I need to go with the same kind of RAM, although I'm having trouble finding the exact same part number of RAM to replace it. The part number is Avant AVF6451U64F9333G2-HYBP, 4GB DDR3 DIMM 1333. Can I replace this with a different Avant 4GB DDR3 DIMM 1333? I found new Avant RAM that is AVF6456U61F9333AK2.

You can replace it with any stick of 4gb ddr3 1333mhz ram

To expand, as long as the speed (Mhz rating), type (DDR3), voltage, and timings (x-x-x-x) match as close as you can, you should be able to. Ideally you should replace the whole kit, but you can use old / new sticks.

To expand, as long as the speed (Mhz rating), type (DDR3), voltage, and timings (x-x-x-x) match as close as you can, you should be able to. Ideally you should replace the whole kit, but you can use old / new sticks.

Well, the speed, type, and voltage are all the same, although I have no idea how to figure out the timings.

I also wonder about the fact that my motherboard supports triple-channel memory. I previously had three sticks that were identical. If I have two of the old and two of the new, I wonder if that will pose a problem. It makes me more inclined to just go with a new set of three.

Back
Top Bottom