back in the game

Your in Texas?!?!

... and here I had this assumption of you being in New York for some reason.

The H100 is real good. I missed out on picking up on refirb from TigerDirect, so I settled for the H60. But my first unit would have been the 100. The H60 alone dropped my temps by at least 10C (not not more), and I was using the Cooler Master Hyper 212 which is an awesome cooler in it's own right.

Man im about as far from NY as you can get without without crossing an international border lol.
What chip are you running nukem?
Ima look into the h90 that pp suggests but I'm seriously considering that refurb h100 now.
Thanks for the alternatives pp, that mobo looks good but can't do the orange ram. My case is all about the black and red. Why? I have no idea. but it looks pretty good.
It's not really about saving money on the build. Although I do have a fairly strict budget ~500.00
I will be well under that with the evo cooler, right at it with either the phanteks or refurb h100.
I haven't pulled the trigger yet. But I have the cash. Just trying to psyche myself up for it lol I haven't spent money on myself in quite some time. Used to be I would change chips and gpus like underwear. Kids done changed all that haha

Well was just merely posting that there are alternatives. Not necessarily saying buy these things but if you have a strict budget of 500 then saving money should be the game plan to get the best bank for your buck.

Good deal, thanks.
But we are all in agreement that the 4670k is the way to go on the Cpu?
And the refurb H100 is going to be my best (and a safe) way to cool it?
Or would I be better (safer, no liquid filled radiator hovering over all my components because it will fit in back fan slot) using the new h90?

Last edited:
Yes, 4670k all the way.

This is what I tell people all the time. Don't think of these coolers like water cooling. Think of them like a heatsink with the fins in a different placement because the failure rate is astonishingly low, and leaking is even lower. Most likely it's only a refurb because they sent it back because they wanted the 100i instead.

so you think I would be better off with the h100 vs the h90?
price difference of 10.00 (if I buy it by TOMORROW), the refurb h100 is 65, h90 is 75 with promo code. otherwise h90 is 84.00, putting difference at 20.00
reviews I have read put h90 right at h100 performance with 4670k until vcore is raised above 1.25v, then the H100 will pull away by several degrees C.
thoughts?

AND the h90 has a five year warranty versus a thirty day (or one year, depending on who you ask) for the refurb H100. that may well be worth 20 bucks, especially if I am getting similar performance.
thoughts?

with h90 (and promo code) would put me at 514.00 which is close enough to 500 for me.

Last edited:
I think either one is a great choice. My input would come down to what your case options and layout would be. When I bought the Source 530, I was intentionally looking for a double fan radiator set up. So I personally would get the H100.

But for the longevity... the five year warranty isn't bad. :p

This is what I had in mind for my case and build:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835146028

Last edited:
case is HAF 932 so I can do h100 in upper fan mounts, or H90 in rear exhaust position.
TBH I think I would like it in the rear position, just for aesthetics (my own opinion). and the 30 day/1 year warranty, im not real happy with that. corsair says 30 days on newegg site, but on THEIR site it says 1 year for refurbs. from what I have read, it all depends on wether there is a sticker that says "1 year warranty" on plastic of refurb. if so, take a pic and send it you have 1 year. if no sticker you have a 30 day. so its like a crap shoot. im pretty sure ima go with the H90. props to PP for suggesting it.

I say take those reviews with a grain of salt unless you seriously plan on using the stock fans with these things. The H100 will pull away because it has more fin area and can also take 480mm worth of fans vs 280 on the H90 (push pull). When you add on different fans the H100 can seriously pull ahead of even the best air coolers (D14) due to the amount of air you can push through it.

Like I said before though, either one will work fine. There isn't a reason in the world to overclock these CPUs right now and there won't be for a few years yet. And either position is optimal due to it being exhausting out the case.

Back
Top Bottom