kids! bah, humbug!

The $79 I think is the TX which is a good one, No you don't need the $200 one. OK I just looked and the $79 one is the CX series, OK but doesn't have as good of quality built in and they are made by someone else for corsair, There ok but for $10 more you can have a much better unit CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Power Supply - Newegg.com This is the one I've been usung for about 7 years now and it's handled a lot of power draw and higher end graphics cards with no issues.

Dauntae

Every Corsair PSU is made by somebody else. There are two types of TX units, Seasonic and CWT. I learn towards the Seasonic OEMd units which should only be 89. If not you can get the Seasonic 620w which will last just as long.

You can get him the CX500 which would last a while, but in terms of performance and quality not 5+ years. That should leave enough cash to get an ok video card maybe around the 100 dollar range like a 7770.

ok, thanks to everyone who helped us with this. it will probably be after Christmas before we get both a power supply and a card. i have replaced power supplies before. they are straight forward. the card may be another issue. i have never done anything like that before. if we need help with getting it up and running, you WILL be hearing from us again! lol. again, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom