ATI x850

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this is ATI trying to make up for its X800 Pro failure. Even though the X800 Pro was sold to compete with the 6800GT, in performance, it was more comparable to the 6800 NU. Hopefully the $400 version of the X850 doesn't give the 6800GT such a free ride. BTW, does anybody know whether the X850 will feature PS3.0? I wonder if ATI will give us X800 Pro users a free step-up? :p

I dont think it will show up for a while myself as the other ones just came out. I'm not even sure what nVIDIA is doing but I know they are just going to expand off of the 6800 series as they just took a jump from FX into 6800. I would be surprised of the x850 didnt come with PS 3 support, but after ATi's lashing I think the tides have turned in favor of nVIDIA for the time being. Until then I think all cards will be expanded off of the current models until something reall spectacular comes out (which I am hoping wont be for a while as I still want my 6800 GT worth-while).

Thats some good info. It looks like the X850 will have improvements over the X800 but not worth the money for current X800 users. I did notice, however, how badly my card, the X800 Pro did in all the benchmarks. I really hope their new $400 card, the X850 Pro, performs better than this does, because $400 is too much to pay for a card that only does half as well as its competitor.

i couldnt understand the myth about new product, as the X850 XT is delivering almost same or lowered performance, as Giga FLOPS are same, pixel fill rate same, memory band width of X800 is higher, transform rate same. and no acceptabe advancements in chip architecture. like nVidia did with shader model 3.

and X850-XT is way above in price with 150$+ in price. only fool will buy the same product as X800-XT for higher price.

Yeah...but there is no new support for PS3, or any future proof ideas put into it, just again a super fast version of the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom