2GB vs 1GB vram

Geoman37

Baseband Member
Quick question, is it worth spending £15 more to go from a 1gb GPU to a 2gb GPU if you are going to be playing at 1600x900? I heard some games use a little over 1GB at this resolution.
Thank you in advance.

+1 for the quick reply. That's what I thought, however are you basing your recomendation on the fact that I said I heard that some games use over 1GB at 1600x900 or do you personally know how much vram tends to be used at 1600x900?

if you're playing anything modern, probably just over 1gb, gta 4 uses more than 1gb for sure. plus, younever know when you'll upgrade to 1080p or higher right?

Fair enough. Even though this GPU will be replaced long before I get a 1080p monitor I think I will go for the 2GB just for peace of mind. Thanks dude!

really? because 1080p monitors are dropping in price pretty quickly, what gpu are you purchasing btw?

XFX AMD Radeon 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 HDMI Black Edition DD (FX-785A-CDBC) - dabs.com

Good point but I don't particually care that much about resolution (I would rather have a higher fps) and when I do upgrade my monitor it would be to a 120 hz one. Forgot to mention that the 1GB card has a promotion on where you get 4 free games on the never settle forever program, instead of 2 on the 2GB card. Don't care that much though, as I already own Deus-Ex and Hitman seems to be the only game grabbing my attention out of the selection.

The one gb card: Sapphire Technology AMD Radeon 7850 HD 1GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI (11200-16-20G) - dabs.com

yea, I would go with the 2gb just because its xfx, dont forget to register it and it gets a lifetime warranty

Back
Top Bottom