Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VIDEO CARD

• I dont know.....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost bought a Hitachi cause it had a five year warranty, but realizing I upgade every year or so, went with WD.

Brian911 said:
Seagate without a single doubt. Maxtor might be faster but I don't want to count the number of Maxtor drives that died on me.
yeah thats the same here, i'd rather have a slightly slower drive than a fast one that will die in a year

mikesgroovin said:
Maxtor for sure....but also Seagate. i've received 6+ years on both and most head seek problems can be rectified by placing the HD in the freezer for a couple of hours.
the freezer?
Ive never heard of that before... how does that work?

seagate. had 2 for couple of years no problem. bought a western digital and it died on me in a couple of weeks. maybe i got the bad apple, but thats just my experience. never had a maxtor, so don't really know how reliable they are.

I have had a seagate fail on me. So I havenÂ’t gone back to them. I have a maxtor drive as my system drive, no problems at all. No crashes or problem. It runs 24/7 most of the year. I have two samsung sata drives that perform perfectly. No problems, quiet, and three year warrantee. I have never tried WD but donÂ’t see a need, because of no problem with maxtor or samsung.

All will fail at some point, but I know that people think that Maxtors fail more often, and they are the ones who make the magazines about them failing.
Yan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom