Mystery To Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanymo

Beta member
Maybe someone can help me with a very strange situation.
2 week old PC ran fine for 1 week..."thats not the strange part"(haha)
After the system crashed running SBS 2003, i tried to do a repair, both from the recovery console and from the R option with in the OS setup. Both Failed, still not strange part.
I decided to clean install, but had read errors during the file copy stage....could not copy files, but the file was different everytime it errored out. I thought to clean the cd and try again, still same issue, and still different files not being read. Next I changed CDrom with new one, same issue, still read errors. Ok, so now I have tried to install a different OS from a new disk, and again still same issue...you guys following this? At this point im losing it, I installed new harddrive, new cables, used both IDE and then SATA...and damn it still smae stinking issue...please any one have suggestions other then blow it up.
thanks

i have the same prob with my new system, it seems it only works when it wants, i have only managed to successfully install xp once, i think our problem maybe hard drive related!!!!! unfortunately!!! do u get a completely different error every time? Is ur hard drive a maxtor!!!

You might have faulty controllers on your motherboard. I'm not sure what to tell you about that though...I dont know of any way to test this theory.

it may be your bios has changed, tyr to resetup your bios and make sure it matches what you have installed.
also ..let us know what setup you have ok?it really helps to determine what may be or have gone wrong ok?

My specs are as follows:

Amd athlon xp 3200+
Gigabyte GA-7N400L
512mb pc3200 ram
80gb Maxtor hard drive
Aopen combo drive
Cobra case
Coolermaster xdream 2
Nvidia fx5700

I got a feelin its the hard drive thats duff i tried two xp pro discs now and neither work!!

I had the same problem with installing xp on a newly built machine. I turned out to be the disk. I just used a different copy of xp and it loaded up just fine.

Yeah but i have already tried different copies of xp so i have a feeling its the hard drive!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom