Quick Question

The 120s were 85 not too long ago. It's Cyber Monday and that's a damn good deal for a real good SSD.

I thought so. Thanks for the response. I just need to get the SATA cable and the power cable since it doesn't come with them, correct? From what I have been reading all SATA 3.0 cables function the same. True?

Last edited:
If it's the boxed one it might come with a SATA cable. Otherwise your motherboard box comes with those.

Yes all SATA cables are the same. Power cable comes from your PSU.

Is there a guide on here somewhere for cloning a drive? From what I gather it is really easy, but I would like to read a little more on it.

Backup any critical data. Shrink the partition (if necessary) using GParted on the source drive. Run CloneZilla or Acronis (I prefer CloneZilla, but that's just my personal opinion - several other members prefer Acronis, so it's really up to you), and clone the drive over after you hook it up.

Usually a good idea to do Disk -> Image to secondary drive; then Image -> disk, just so there's less chance of something possibly going wrong with the source drive.

Just a note from me, I'm one who usually prefers Acronis but I just used their latest Home version and I thought it was rather bloated and confusing. My next clone I will probably try Clonezilla.

I take it that those two programs are preferred over the cloning one that comes with the SSD? All I have on the current drive is the OS, BF4, BF3, Borderlands 2 and XCom plus drivers etc. and a few small things like fraps and team speak which are easy to replace. I just list those things to illustrate how restricted my usage is in case it makes any difference for whatever reason.

I take it that those two programs are preferred over the cloning one that comes with the SSD? All I have on the current drive is the OS, BF4, BF3, Borderlands 2 and XCom plus drivers etc. and a few small things like fraps and team speak which are easy to replace. I just list those things to illustrate how restricted my usage is in case it makes any difference for whatever reason.

.... I have 600+ gb being used. probably my school work files and art, sound/music and model packages and assets taking up space.

I want an SSD, but nervous on screwing up and not backing up something I may think I won't need in the future but do :p

.... I have 600+ gb being used. probably my school work files and art, sound/music and model packages and assets taking up space.

I want an SSD, but nervous on screwing up and not backing up something I may think I won't need in the future but do :p

I'm a little nervous because I hate messing stuff up, but nothing crucial is on there. You need to get on board the multiple-hd-master-race train.

Back
Top Bottom