£800 Budget for building Gaming PC

bjwphneb

Baseband Member
Never built a PC before or had a decent gaming one so i have no clue what sort of parts i need or how to assemble it i have some sort of idea about it and found a PC on vibox but thought i could get better for less. Any help would be much appreciated

Rome TW2, cod ghosts, BF4, minecraft, gmod, FM14, GTA (if it comes out on pc),
loads really there just some that i can think of. but will play anything that looks half decent on steam

I dont know enough to recommend parts and will leave that to others... but there are some very good youtube videos showing you how to build it step by step. The ones I am thinming of are done specifically by Newegg.

I would link them but currently on my phone and nowhere near a desktop, out at the moment.
Another great source of info will be this forum. They are quite knowledgeable and could probably walk you through or give you tips on troubleshooting something through provided we have enough info.

Good luck!

I dont know enough to recommend parts and will leave that to others... but there are some very good youtube videos showing you how to build it step by step. The ones I am thinming of are done specifically by Newegg.

I would link them but currently on my phone and nowhere near a desktop, out at the moment.
Another great source of info will be this forum. They are quite knowledgeable and could probably walk you through or give you tips on troubleshooting something through provided we have enough info.

Good luck!
ok thank you

cheers mguire, what sort of optical drive would you recommend should i stick to a basic dvd drive or is it worth getting a blu-ray one?

I don't really see the point in getting BD right now. I would get a cheap DVD burner and wait to see if BD becomes necessary at a later date. It's win/win because if they don't become mainstream game distribution media for PCs you don't waste money. If they do, they will be cheaper later.

@PP Mguire,
since you suggested this build i was wondering if you were able to help me
i have gone ahead and build this system only changing the case to the build you suggested last year.. but the motherboard won't detect the graphics card. in bios on system browser it says the PCIE 2 slot is empty which is where my gpu is meant to be. it is all plugged in and powered up and im on it now.. but i was wondering if it could be not enough power as on the box of the gpu it says reccomended requirements: 750w psu when mine is only a 620W... if you'd be able to help then that would be great!!

Back
Top Bottom