At the end of my rope

croSSeduP

In Runtime
I can not get my wireless computer to function satisfactorily. I have been through 3 routers, at least two network cards, and I am currently using a high end router and USB connected network card and I STILL have dropouts during internet gameplay and surfing. I've had this problem for a long time now and I just can't figure out what the problem is. According to my Windows icon for internet connection I have an excellent connection and the bars never move off of "excellent", but inexplicably the connection drops sporadically and causes my online gaming and surfing experience to be marred. Help! BTW, here is the router and USB network card I am using, and I'm using Comcast high-speed cable internet:

ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router - Newegg.com

Linksys AE3000 USB 2.0 Dual-Band Wireless-N Adapter with 3 x 3 Antenna - Newegg.com

My guess is that your USB network card can't keep up with the load. I would suggest purchasing a PCI PCI-E card (whichever you computer supports. USB cards were really designed for truckers to connect their laptops to truckstop wifi networks. Most weren't designed to handle high end gaming.

My guess is that your USB network card can't keep up with the load. I would suggest purchasing a PCI PCI-E card (whichever you computer supports. USB cards were really designed for truckers to connect their laptops to truckstop wifi networks. Most weren't designed to handle high end gaming.

That isn't the problem. I was having this problem with a PCI network card, too. After reading the reviews of the USB card I'm now using I decided to go that route. I must say that the signal strength is better. But, I still have the PCI network card. I'll throw it in there to see if things improve.

That isn't the problem. I was having this problem with a PCI network card, too. After reading the reviews of the USB card I'm now using I decided to go that route. I must say that the signal strength is better. But, I still have the PCI network card. I'll throw it in there to see if things improve.

When you do, make sure all the drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause major pains as I'm sure you know.

Thought just hit me, have you uninstalled the drivers from the previous cards you've used? There may be some conflict going on.

Back
Top Bottom