The Right Computer

Oaltakrouri

Solid State Member
Hey Guys, I need a computer that is really fast at gaming, and really good for multitasking with school and stuff. Any suggestions?

in order not to open up another thread i will just add a quick question here, what to pay most attention to when buying a PC and you want parts to be MOST "compatible" ?

Laptop around 300-800

Maybe stuff like Minecraft and maybe NIVIDA Graphics along with Intel i7 Core

Last edited by a moderator:
the best thing you will get with your budget is the lenovo y410p, it is a good machine and considering the low price the GPU is more than satisfactory. now i am no expert but in that price range you really can't expect too much. i hope i helped you a little

now i am no expert but in that price range you really can't expect too much. i hope i helped you a little

Same here.
I am assuming you want a laptop for both its portability and mobility, but you pay in both price and power for it. I don't know about laptops so I won't recommend one personally.

But I bet if you said 'Desktop', you would get more than a few recommendations for a PC you can build yourself for 800 that will do what you want it to and better than it's Laptop counterpart.

Best of luck on your search!

yup i would advise the same thing, and besides i really don't see a laptop used for gaming first because of the GPUs, secondly when running a video game more processor, ram gpu use electricity much more which produces more heat so this is when the cooling comes in, which laptops also lack. so my recommendation would be get a desktop like XGC FORSAKEND already mentioned.

Desktops aren't that great for use at school IMO. Nice to have portability.

@OP: are you open to used or refurbished systems at all? You can always look locally on Craigslist for a cheap and powerful laptop.

I bought my previous (fiance now uses it) Asus G73 for 700 and it plays most everything she plays. I am now using an MSI GT780DX that I bought used from a forum for the same price as the Asus that could play BF3 on high.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

Back
Top Bottom