Problem with Asus A53E power up

NSM1986

Solid State Member
Hi Guys.

By beloved asus a53e laptop has packed in.

When i press the power buttons the lights on the front come on but then they all go off again and the computer doesnt even attempt to boot up.

At first i thought it was the mover board so i have replaced it!

However the problem is still there.

I am pretty certain its nothing to do with the hard drive as it doesnt even get to the bios and i have tried without HDD in.

I am pretty certain its not the mother board now due to swapping it!

I have tried powering it straight from power with the battery out with the same issue.

It kind of leaves me with 2 questions

Is it the processor? Is it the fan?

If the fan is broken would it prevent the computer powering up to stop it breaking? The fan doesnt even move when the power is pressed.

Or is the processor goosed?

The only other thing i think it could be is some wire or connection which is not part of the mother board.

Any suggestions would be great. Its become costly and i dont want to waste more money.

Thanks Guys

My sister has a gateway laptop that did the same thing, unfortunetly I could not find a defect and she had to get a new laptop. If you have it apart and could take pictures of the motherboard, the are around the CPU, and the area where power comes into the system(internally, not the outside of it) maybe I can spot something, but I'm not sure how much help ill be

Back
Top Bottom