Upgrading my PC

MetalReptile

Beta member
Hello, I am looking to upgrade my Gaming PC soon and i was wondering which part(s) need to be upgraded first and maybe offer some suggestions as to which parts would be good.

Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-4170 Quad Core Processor 4.40 GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB (However this is only a 1 x 8GB stick, not sure if this is a great idea)

Hard Drive: 1TB

PSU: Corsair 750W (bronze PSU Rating)

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7770

My impressions are that the GPU needs upgrading as well as my RAM to get better performance playing games but i am unsure so anyones advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the forums!
I ain't very knowledgeable in the building of PC's, but may want to post your budget or the estimated amount you wish to spend for the upgrade to help the others in their recommendations.

:)

Edit:
Regarding the 1 stick of ram... if I read correctly, you may be restricting yourself somehow. Don't know how exactly but I believe you receive a benefit of some sort having 2 sticks instead of one.

<-- I have been learning from reading the vast PC building posts and by others recommendations.

1 stick is fine.
Dual Channel gives you double the memory bandwidth but not a real necessity for gaming.

You need to bump up that GPU. Give a budget and we'll provide a card to get.

We're very far from memory ever being a serious bottleneck in gaming since bandwidth is so high. By the time we will need more memory bandwidth this guys CPU will be outdated.

Ok so im going to need a new motherboard and cpu before i can get a card like that? What motherboard would you recommend?

is this a suitable motherboard or can i get better for cheaper? : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabertooth-...ulti-GPU/dp/B008RPYAS8/ref=pd_sim_computers_1

MSI Radeon R9 280X Gaming 3G AMD Graphics Card - 3GB - R9 280X GAMING 3G - Scan.co.uk

AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8350FRHKBOX - Newegg.com

These the parts you mentioned?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom