Very strange problem help would be appreciated

My mobo actually doesn't have anywhere to plug monitor straight into it another question can my mobo be fried even if it has no error beeps?

Remove your video card. remove all but 1 stick of ram from the first slot. Clear the CMOS. (Google your mobo CMOS jumper) then re-install your video card. Power it up with only the one stick of ram in, then see what happens. If all goes well, your mobo will "reset" itself, and then you can go from there.

Ok so I did the cmos jumper to clear mobo powered it up still same problem everything powers on still a black screen so my question is are my cpu and Psu be salvageable the mobo is a asus asrock x58 supercomputer and the only numbers on my Intel i7 cpu I can see is E29477-002
2f850zo9k1
F10t12ms1z7-64a011 some feedback would be much appreciated

You can try moving the video card down to the next slot. Maybe the first slot shorted out. Assuming it's like the pics I see on the web it's got 4 PCIe slots.

Alright I'll try that today can anybody figure out what processor I have from the info above? I really wanna know if I could possibly salvage the Psu and cpu cause if all I have to do is buy a case ram mobo gpu and I can salvage the rest I can afford that

It looks like it's a socket 1366 cpu. A socket that is no longer produced. You can still find boards for them, but they will be on the more expensive side.

You can "salvage" the GPU, PSU, CPU, Ram, etc... but if your going to buy a new case, ram, mobo, gpu, you might as want to update and get a new cpu as well. Make it something more future proof, and go with either a socket 1155, (Sandy/Ivy bridge) or the newest socket 1150 (Haswell) and make it a whole new build.

Damn that sucks the cpu is expensive I'm looking to only spend about 500 dollars on this I was gonna do a whole new pc for next year but I just wanted something to hold me over till then.

you don't HAVE to, but just doing a quick search on the web, most of the 1366 mobos are 200 plus.

SO maybe just buy a mobo and GPU. you still have the ram your tried to upgrade with right? What size/make PSU do you have now? if it's decent enough, that can determine what GPU you get. Then just use the case you have.

I'm not 100 percent sure but I know it's 850 watts I need a new case Def I need ram what if I had 700 dollars to spend I just need to find a cheap decent mobo cpu deal if I could get both at 250

Back
Top Bottom