Laptop won't find any wireless connections!?

EvilTwin

Beta member
Hello, I have a quite new "Mini" Laptop, which I bought online, it works fine, but I can't connect to any wireless networks... It just says "No connections avaible" and shows red "X" on the connection bar. The laptop uses Windows 7 operating system.

When I try to troubleshoot for problems it says "Error while loading troubleshooter: An unknown error occurred. Controlled troubleshooting cannot be continued."
And the only option for that is to click close.

I am sure that the wireless connection is turned on, as there's an orange light at the WiFi picture on laptop.

When I click "change adapter settings" and look for the wireless connection, it show's there a picture like this (image is taken from google) http://puu.sh/5nZ4i/899d7d6626.png but it says there something like this "no wireless connections avaible".

Any Sugge'stions?

I've tried to search for solutions the whole day, but couldn't find any, so I registered here, to see if here's any help, because this looks like a nice community, where would be some computer experts who could help :)

Thank you guys already, greetings EvilTwin.

PS. Sorry for my bad english, I live in Europe :)

Open up Device Manager and see if it shows any issues with the wifi adapter there.

Here is a picture of my device manager. web adapters as shown in the picture, have been updated to the latest versions possible. and i already uninstalled them and little bit later reinstalled them, but nothing happened.

ad18855e21.png

Perhaps your wireless is disabled. Orange for my PC usually means off. Try pressing the fn key and the key that has the orange light on it. If it goes white, I'd say that that was your issue.

Perhaps your wireless is disabled. Orange for my PC usually means off. Try pressing the fn key and the key that has the orange light on it. If it goes white, I'd say that that was your issue.

My wireless is abled 100% and it's working. If i click fn + wifi button (for me its f2) the light goes off (and shows X on wifi logo)....

Is it showing up on your network connections? And if so possibly checking your firewall status? Your router had a direct URL and possibly has something blocking it. Does your laptop support the type of router you purchase. IEEE has set standards for certain type of wireless connections, maybe your firewall has certain restrictions.

Is it showing up on your network connections? And if so possibly checking your firewall status? Your router had a direct URL and possibly has something blocking it. Does your laptop support the type of router you purchase. IEEE has set standards for certain type of wireless connections, maybe your firewall has certain restrictions.

Laptop isn't showing any connections.. it says "no connections avaible" or something like that.. and the Firewall status is set to original settings so I don't think It's the problem.. and yeah it supports the router..

Back
Top Bottom