acer monitor died (grey screen with lines)

mikee

Fully Optimized
I was using my computer today I have two screens when all of a sudden my bigger screen (I have two) went grey and started flickering I turned it off and back on and not even the acer logo comes up it just goes grey when the logo should appear then black for a second then back to grey. normally the screen displays the acer logo then black then displays whats on screen. Any ideas how to fix this easily or is this monitor dead. I know it is the monitor and not the computer because it does it when plugged into the laptop and when nothing is plugged in. Normally the power light goes orange when nothing is plugged in however now when nothing is plugged in it stays blue but all I see in grey on the screen

normally the power light goes orange when nothing is plugged in however now when nothing is plugged in it stays blue but all I see in grey on the screen

You just solved your own answer, your monitor is going bad.
If you plug in that monitor in any other machine and it stays on orange it is dead.
About your bigger screen is the resolution abit too high ?
Try reducing the resolution abit and fix the monitor refresh rate.

the one that broke is the bigger screen I have a 19 inch and the 22 is the one that went bad however what I was asking is if anyone with electronics repair knowledge can give maybe a rough guess as to what went wrong here. The light never goes orange anymore It just powers on with a big flickery grey screen and the light is blue all the time indicating it thinks it is getting a signal even when its not plugged into anything. this monitor is only 5 years old this month. Eventually my plan was to get rid of this small one and get another 22 or 24 inch to have roughly even sizes of screens. I have ordered a new monitor but if I can get the old one fixed too then I could still have 2 big screens. If it would cost too much to repair though I would just forget about it

Last edited:
the one that broke is the bigger screen I have a 19 inch and the 22 is the one that went bad however what I was asking is if anyone with electronics repair knowledge can give maybe a rough guess as to what went wrong here. I have ordered a new monitor but if I can get the old one fixed too then I could still have 2 big screens. If it would cost too much to repair though I would just forget about it

I just did answer your question, your monitor is bad based on your statements you gave me.
Real question is it fixable or not, you might have a slim chance of getting repaired.
If you dont mind abit of dissasembly and watching a tutorial it could get fixed or it may never work again.

Sending you some info, let us know what happens soon.

Just for a test, I had a similar issue come to me to check out, When I got it everything worked just fine, So it went back and had the same issue, Turned out his power cord went bad and it wasn't getting enough power, Try a different power cord before you toss it,

Dauntae

Just for a test, I had a similar issue come to me to check out, When I got it everything worked just fine, So it went back and had the same issue, Turned out his power cord went bad and it wasn't getting enough power, Try a different power cord before you toss it,

Dauntae

Dauntae

funny u should say that cuz my friend I told him my monitor was messed up and he looked at it for a few minutes did something to the back and it worked fine after that. maybe it was the power cord but we never replaced it. HE won't tell me though. Funny thing is I already ordered a new 24 inch so I guess I can retire my aging 19 inch acer monitor

Glad you got it all worked out, I have a old Acer 19" used on a second PC now, That thing just won't die lol I think I've had it for ummm well since 2000 or so, Got a 22 inch wide screen to replace it but it's still going.

Dauntae

Well now I have a new 24 inch acer LED monitor and the now working 22 inch monitor and have my old 19 inch acer from 2005 which I will probably take home to use on my old spare rig I use when at home on winter breaks. That 19 inchers been through hell in a non insulated office in the front of a dog kennel from 2007 - 2011 in hot summers and cold winters and all it has wrong right now is the colors are starting to fade a little. I would definitely recommend acer monitors to anyone looking for a decent budget monitor. I guess they don't die

Back
Top Bottom