Wanting to Buy a New GPU

KDS997

Solid State Member
Im wanting to buy a new gpu and im thinking about buying a GTX 670 but before purchasing it i want to know whether or not it is compatible with my motherboard my motherboard is an :

ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M

And also i would like to know how you find out if they are compatible thanks ;)

It will work in any motherboard on the market that sports at least one PCI Express x16 slot. The compatibility issues are mostly having a strong enough PSU to power the card. I also suggest looking at AMD cards as they are the corner stone of the market right now offering the best price to performance. If you are buying new, look into a R9 280X for $299. It beats out the GTX 670 and supports both future Mantle and TrueAudio. With a lot of future games getting Mantle support, the only reason to go Nvidia at this point is for CUDA.

The 670 and 760 are actually rather close together. Price to performance though the 280x wins hands down every time.

Damn you, beaten by "GEICO" auto insurance spokesman. -_-

Really though toss me a link of where your comparing the 280x and gtx 760's 780's.
Both vendors look good but I'm keeping my foot on nvidia. :D

Google - search for TPU, Guru3D, Anandtech, Bjorn3D, ect for relevant benchmarks.

The 280x competes with the GTX 770 so it's naturally placed above the 760 in performance. THe 770 is priced 30 bucks more on standard cards than the 280x. The 780 I'm guessing is out of price range for the OP since they were talking about a 670ish card. If you want a headstart on a review, you can see my info indicated here.

Back
Top Bottom