Monitor turning off, computer freezing

Since running System Mechanic I have had a few program freezes which all resolved themselves within 20 seconds and never required a reboot. Ultimately the situation seems to have improved, but is not completely resolved.

I am really liking Trillian so far, though Skype was not the cause of the problem here. The recent freezes I've had were opening Photoshop and hitting play on a video in Chrome.

To be perfectly honest with you, there are somethings in windows or your system that may go wrong you might never fix. :/
If its only a small minor performance issue just leave the machine alone and continue working.
Only time you fix it or reinstall windows if necessary, if things are majorly corrupt.
Your problems refuse to stop and it is a on going problem.

Let system mechanic run and scan while your not there.
It will evaluate your system and throw you some ideas to fix it or remedy the problem.
Deepscan is way much better than standard scanning.
Keep your system clutter free and error free if you use it all week long. :)

Another 20 second freeze when restoring Chrome w/ a bunch of tabs.

I actually kind of like reformatting - I usually do it a couple times a year. However, right now it would be pretty inconvenient but at least I haven't had to reboot after these freezes in a while. I'll keep trying stuff and report back.

Another 20 second freeze when restoring Chrome w/ a bunch of tabs.

I actually kind of like reformatting - I usually do it a couple times a year. However, right now it would be pretty inconvenient but at least I haven't had to reboot after these freezes in a while. I'll keep trying stuff and report back.

I understand how you feel, if you do decide to backup and reformat.
Setup your windows machine again with more updated programs you use.
Next make a system image and keep it on a seperate hard drive in case you need to restore windows again.

Back up your programs, system settings, and files

That takes the fun out of reformatting :)

You don't say ? :devil:
You sound like osirius abit when he use to post and mod here.
Told me one time he loves to reformat, look at his pm and said screw that. :/
But do a system image that I recommended, when you get your os to a perfect state with no errors.
You would want to come to it again and takes very little time to get rolling.

Back
Top Bottom