Boot Failure help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK..I waited its just that it was cruisin along and stopped . But it said (takes up to one minute) thats why I ctrl/alt/del and quit after 10 minutes. Ill try again and let it go I guess.

And yes I did get sp2 about a month ago. Been ok though.

I think Im gonna get a new drive tommorow and copy some data..whip this one clean and make it a slave and mess with it...maybe? This is in need for a good washing anyway even if it wasnt flaking out.
ARGG all i wanted to do was play some video games tonight!!! blaaa.

Zardoz,

Yup , I guess the Hard disk is worn out. You need a replacement. I guess that is why this message 'WARNING: Doom is imminent for your HD..save data" appears.

ya ok...well its dosnt say that obviously it says basically SMART failed and gives a warning: back up immediately and replace hard drive. Failure may be imminent.
lol...ya I know what that means..but Im on it now...so..just trying to figure it out.
That maxtor prog is freezing for sure. Ug...maybe I should play some more video games and see what happens. Ya thats the plan!!
If anyone has any tips on good HD diagnostic progs please post...Ive tried a few including the one Maxtor gives(powermax not working?) ..but its not reporting anything specific...check your cables!! duh.
Ive yet to see any repair funtion options anywhere.

you may try system suite 5 and check again for a virus , also from what you have said it sounds like your loosing your boot sector. there is (a backup boot sector) repair tool in maxblast . im not sure how to use it due to the fact i havent had the need to .
if your loosing your boot sector , it will still work as a slave drive for a while. contact Maxtor and ask for help there.

Zardoz,

OKay ,try this. In the BIOS options for your hard disk [ under primary devices..somethin like that ] , disable S.M.A.R.T option and try booting up your computer.

the whole porpuse of smart is to analyze your disc and warn you before it fails, so you can buy another harddrive and back your data up.

otherwise, one day you will have broke hard drive and you would have lost your data

if you are lucky it is just a virus, which mean you can fix it

if it makes a weird noise, it is definately on it's way out
if it doesn't, it still probbably is anyway since you say it crashes on you

I suggest you get another hard drive ready to replace your current HDD
IMO Seagate is the best brand to get, but if not, go for Western Digital, or Maxtor
when you get your new drive, take out your old one, install windows on the new one, then put your old one as slave and see if you can move most of your data to your new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom