Fresh Rig. Small Problem. Need good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uchiha

In Runtime
Mobo: SiS 741GX/963L Chipset 333/266
CPU: Athlon XP 1800+ 1.53ghz 266FSB
RAM: 2x crucial 512mb DDR226 pc2100
Video, sound and lan: on board

So im putting this together for my younger sister, taking my sweet time. After setting the cmos to normal, I plug the main PSU to the mobo and all the pins look copasetic. IDE connections solid, everythings new. I turn it on. Nothing happens. No system beeps. Cpu/heatsink and ram remain cold. Only the chipset gets hot. I swap the ram, the cpu, and even the power supply to an identical set. same thing occurs. I panic. No post, no beep, not even keyboard lights. System doesnt respond to power switch, I must manually unplug to get it to power down. I recheck the mobo, and I see that I didn't have a 12v vcore power connection. My PSu's both are 350 WATT, but dont have the 12v vcore power cable, you know the 4 pin boxy looking thingy. Im not sure, but could this be the culprit?!? NEED HELP!

its not that Im using two psu's simultaneously, I switched between two that I own for error proofing. same goes for the cpu and ram. still no solution...help!

My computer runs without the 4-pin connector, just te voltages aren't as stable. Sounds like your mobo is half-dead. do you have a multi-meter or voltag meter that you can check the voltages with? I ould poke around the chipset and CPU and see if it's getting any power.

Codeine said:
I feel bad for your sister, sounds like a ugly computer.....

it might run ugly, but the specs are actually quite decent. it's lightyears better than my sisters rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom