Changing the CPU Core Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD 0wn4g3 said:
no prob sorry i couldnt help ya more with the BIOS issue but im pretty sure if u look in the manual 4 ur board it will show u the correct jumper settings 4 changing voltage in BIOS...lots of luck dude

Thank you. Good night :)

-Dan The Man

Have you made sure you didn't put too much or too little of thermal compound and on top of that did you make sure your heatsink is sitting correctly? Try a program like Motherboard Monitor 5 to see what kind of temp readings that gets and see if it corresponds with the BIOS temperatures. The only way to change your Vcore is in the BIOS although there are some windows based OC'ing software that I suppose might be able to change your voltage.

I don't understand why he's saying it's your Vcore simply because you have a VIA chipset board. I have both VIA and Nforce boards and it has the same vcore. Get CPU-Z and see what it reports your Vcore at although motherboard monitor 5 also reports it

What motherboard are you running on? And what voltage are you at? Stock is 1.625v for that chip i believe.

4W4K3 said:
What motherboard are you running on? And what voltage are you at? Stock is 1.625v for that chip i believe.

Hmm, that appears to be what voltage my core is running at right now...what could this be if it's not the voltage?

-Dan The Man

OIDanTheManIO said:
Hmm, that appears to be what voltage my core is running at right now...what could this be if it's not the voltage?

-Dan The Man

like what Nubius suggested, probably too much thermal paste or you are using the thermal "pad". have you taken off HSF before and checked? If not it's definetly a pad, if so try reapplying thermal paste with a more even thinner layer. should help...

also HSF might not be making good contact. so if you JUST put thermal paste on there and still have heat problems make sure you mounted it correctly and it's making good contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom