Changing the CPU Core Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

OIDanTheManIO

Fully Optimized
OK...exactly how do I change the CPU core voltage? You see, the temperature of my CPU when idle is around...oh, say...65 degrees. VERY BAD! And that's when it's NOT overclocked! So I was talking to ATiRAGEPRO about my problem and he says that my core voltage is too high because I have a VIA motherboard :( I need to find out how to do this ASAP PLEASE!!! Thanks.

-Dan The Man

jeez thats a *****, first dont rely on bios temps, if u can get a 3rd party thermal sensor, if it still reads high and u cant change ur voltage in bios either get a bios update 4 ur board, or change the jumpers on it so u can change it in bios...i couldnt help ya there, ud need the manual. sorry i cant be more of help on this.

AMD 0wn4g3 said:
jeez thats a *****, first dont rely on bios temps, if u can get a 3rd party thermal sensor, if it still reads high and u cant change ur voltage in bios either get a bios update 4 ur board, or change the jumpers on it so u can change it in bios...i couldnt help ya there, ud need the manual. sorry i cant be more of help on this.

And where can I get these thermal sensors?

-Dan The Man

no prob sorry i couldnt help ya more with the BIOS issue but im pretty sure if u look in the manual 4 ur board it will show u the correct jumper settings 4 changing voltage in BIOS...lots of luck dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom