Tutorial REQUEST: Dual Boot Windows 7 and 8 or 8.1

blackberrycherry

Solid State Member
Maybe one of these already exist. But I did a seach and nothing really stood out.

I have a 32 bit Windows 7 notebook and I want to upgread to Windows 8 or 8.1. I like Windows 7 but need Windows 8 so I can practice for a couple certifications I plan on taking in the near future. I dont want to fully commit to Windows 8 so thats why I want both.

Im not that tech savvy (YET!) so if someone could please make a tutorial on how to do this...the easy way...and pain-free if possible!

Thanks a bunch in advance! :eek:

There are plenty of such tutorials available all over the internet. But I can flat out tell you that there really is no pain free way.

I mean if you partition space, boot from the Win8 DVD, install using the DVD to the free space and let it go. In theory you should automatically get a dual boot setup with the selection screen for Windows 8 and Windows 7. But there is no guarantee that it will happen this way and work the way you expect. That is the most pain free way to do it, but again nothing is guaranteed. You could easily come across some issues where it doesnt create the dual boot and have to manually go in and do it yourself. This can be troublesome if not done properly.

So I would use Google and check out the tutorials already available and ask questions after you have read them if something is unclear.

Back
Top Bottom