3D game deelopment

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
hi, i'm really into building 2d platformer games but I now want to make 3D ones, the only problem is that I just want to use one of those easy game making software but they are all too limited or complex (e.g: 3Drad and UDK)
are there any ones that are inbetween or better?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

If you're wanting to get into 3D game dev, then you're going to pretty much have to learn how to use one of the more advanced developing tools. Which means you'll need to learn C/C++, working with wireframes/textures, etc.

Unfortunately no, 3D development becomes complex due to the added dimension... but you CAN consider a hybrid 2.5D if you wish. It allows for 2D gameplay but gives a little more 'pop' to graphics, environment and anything else you need.

UDK is great, but I will agree that it takes getting used to and learning everything... but is a fantastic engine tool/editor.

Also, it is possible to continue using easy game making software to create 3D worlds (GameMaker for example). I have seen first person shooters made with GM by scaling sprites and such depending on distance. It is a lot of work though.

If you decide to continue using UDK though, I am pretty knowledgeable and can offer assistance if need be. The UDK community website is also stuffed full of information and resources such as how to script the camera to a 2D platform style.

camera_side.jpg

Here is the info for the camera and other possible views achieved using UnrealScript:
UDN - Three - CameraTechnicalGuide

Back
Top Bottom