Read only Acer w500 tablet - need to reinstall OS

glendawilson

Beta member
Hi All
I really hope someone can help me out there! I have an Acer Iconia tablet 32gb HHD (Chip on board I think - not removable).
I managed to install windows 8 over the preinstalled windows 7 and after deciding I really hated windows 8 I tried to put 7 back on.
Everything looked fine on the install and when it came to the select partition point I selected the option to format and delete partition, which it seemed to do. Then when I selected the new partition - windows 7 install said it could not install to this partition. I then came out of the install and tried to run CHKDSK in dos - this said that it could not run CHKDSK as the partition was read only.
At work they use sophos safeguard and I had used a usb on the tablet so I though that perhaps this had messed up the MBR so I then ran bootsect to try and repair this. I ran the CMD bootsect /nt52 /nt60 SYS ALL <c:> /force /mbr
but get the message - Access is denied.
I am thinking of installing the OS on a usb stick and then perhaps trying to unlock the HHD that way, but any other ideas would be appreciate. :D

Back
Top Bottom