$1000 budget for a build

Buriedfire

Baseband Member
My brother just got out of the military and his laptop died right before he got home. He wants a desktop now since he's got a permanent place to keep it. His budget is around $1000 and we're going to Fry's in Atlanta to pick up the stuff. The build will basically be used for gaming, nothing high-end. At most he'll be playing WoW or maybe FFXIV. So, does anyone have any builds around that price, including a monitor? I was looking around on Newegg and came out to just over $1300... I've never actually built a pc from scratch, so it should be fun! Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks for the response. It's a nice build :) Looking at Fry's website they don't have the mobo in stock. But I was thinking of changing that anyway to get a regular size mobo and bigger case for later building/expanding. Again, thank you :)

The Fry's website doesn't indicate what they have in store. You have to call them up and ask, and sometimes they don't even give you the correct information.

Fry's is actually a pretty bad place to buy parts from. If you have a Microcenter around, it would be wise to hit them up instead. You'll probably get a better deal on the CPU/Mobo combo and may even be able to grab a 4670k.

Back
Top Bottom