Mouse and keyboard freeze on startup XP SP3

G4Bbb

Beta member
Hi everyone,

I'm working in a school as a tech and I have a bunch of computers who give me some trouble.

First, they're all Thinkpad Levono T61, Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU, 1.69 GHz, 1.96 Go RAM. They're all running on XP Professionnal version 2002 SP3. I was wondering if there was a well known bug (even if I did some search about it), that could possibly causes this problem.

The mouse and keyboard doesn't always freeze on startup. For example, sometimes it doesn't freeze at all, then when you reboot the computer, only the mouse freeze, then you reboot and both freeze, and 3rd time its alright. I can still use a usb mouse but still, I want to know what to do.

P.S : I'm French so just let me know if there's something that I'm know clear enough.

Thanks a lot !

Hello G4Bbb,

Since you are a tech at a school, then I would use another PC to download the latest drivers from Lenovo for your Thinkpad, and then put them on a flash drive, or burn them to a CD. Then use that media to locally update the drivers. I would update ALL of the drivers for the notebook. Also, make sure that you get the drivers for XP SP3. If they still are freezing, then it is most likely a hardware error. I highly doubt that the notebooks are still under warranty, so if you really need them, you might have to buy the parts from Lenovo, or take from another one in stock.

Seems like the problem was the IBM Thinkpad Ultranav Driver.
I just went to Add/Remove Programs , and uninstall it. On almost 25 tries, there's no more freeze of mouse or keyboard.

Thanks for your help anyway Kernal18 and Trotter, really appreciated !

Back
Top Bottom