Building a pc for the first time

hamza_94

Beta member
Hello everyone
I want to build a new pc I've manged to choose the parts I'm just not quit sure if the all will work together
i7-4770k
ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO
CM Storm Stryker (case)
MSI Lightning GTX 780
Kingston Digital 120GB SSDNow (boot)
WD Blue 1 TB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz
corsair AX760i
corsair H100i liquid cpu cooler

I'm not sure if the cpu cooler fits in this case , if the ram works with this motherboard ,Also I'm not sure if that's enough power or too much , correct me if I missed anything and any suggestions would be great
thanks.

The cooler should fit in the case (googled it looks like it fits.) The rest of the setup looks good not 100% on the psu 760W. If I am correct this would be a better psu Corsair TX750.

My current rig is in a Storm Stryker. That thing is huge, you'll have plenty of room. You'll probably want to take out the top fan and mount the radiator there for the cooler.

Yes, the RAM will work and that is plenty of power - way more than what you need for a single GPU.

Are these links where you're getting these parts from?
bpm55 said:
The cooler should fit in the case (googled it looks like it fits.) The rest of the setup looks good not 100% on the psu 760W. If I am correct this would be a better psu Corsair TX750.
The AX series are overall above and beyond the TX's.

Last edited:
Somebody should have asked the very first question, what's the purpose of the rig?

Second thing should have been said, you don't need to waste so much cash on an overly expensive board. An ASRock Extreme4 Z87 or lower end Asus would be perfectly fine.

Next up, just get a reference 780, or better yet an R9 290x.

Ditch the crap Kingston SSD for a Corsair Neutron GTX or a Samsung 840pro.

PSU is totally overkill for the whole rig. The AXi is the top of the line Corsair PSU, so good choice there but something like a TXm 750 would be fine. The H100i isn't necessary either.

Back
Top Bottom