Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VIDEO CARD

• I dont know.....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
all drive will crash sooner or later , look at the hours marked on the box , correct me if im wrong but it seems to me that most will let go after about 10,000 hours of use . also shutting down instead of logging off will put the hard drives head on the disk right where it was instead of the park location its supposed to be in !

Smokin-A.I. said:
all drive will crash sooner or later , look at the hours marked on the box , correct me if im wrong but it seems to me that most will let go after about 10,000 hours of use . also shutting down instead of logging off will put the hard drives head on the disk right where it was instead of the park location its supposed to be in !

headcrashes don't occur anymore when you cut power. Modern drives have a mechanism to move the head to the landing zone without electricity. And the platters have a protective layer to withstand abuse by crashing xMR heads.

southernlady said:
I've had 5 Maxtor hard drives and only 2 have died and they were over 4 years old when they did. Liz

The Maxtor HDD I had lasted for 6 years before it died. With that kind of life span I would say I got my moneys worth. Go Maxtor!

Maxtor for sure....but also Seagate. i've received 6+ years on both and most head seek problems can be rectified by placing the HD in the freezer for a couple of hours.

I like Seagate best, they are fast, very high quality and extremely silent
I've had my 40GB Seagate for about 3 years now without a problem, and is still without a problem
I've now got a 160GB drive which is also Seagate

my second preference is Western Digital though, they are good quality drives, and I would be using them if I couldn't use Seagate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom