archive password recovery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rama

Baseband Member
hi guys

i had made a zip file and made it an executable file along with password protection using winzip 8. well its was my project

now after 6-7 months i want to access it again. guess what
i forgot the password. :eek: i need it badly.

any free software avaliable which can help me overcome my problem.

i tried the trial version of Advanced Zip Password Recovery but it allows password cracking only upto 5 characters . i had around 8 letter password. as i do not remember anything about the password so i guess that software implementing the brute force method would be desirable.

help needed urgently

major sir

this link was ..*******.. (something positive and good) (i mean to express that i dont have words to express it)

i searched the site and got some free ones too . i just cant wait to try them out.
thanks a lot

hello again

well i did try it out. it was so near but yet so far.
i guess now i need a super computer. it says that i need 5 years to crack the password.
why the hell did i had to get a 8 letter password.

so now i am searching for such a zip password cracker which matches one string at a time. ie it would match the first letter. after it matches it with the password it would go for the next letter and so on. this way it would be much faster. ( i got this idea from the movies)

i guess this is the only practical way through which it can be cracked. well now its alll up to u guys

:please: can any one help me. :help:

That's impossible. The only way is a brute force attack or a dictionary hack. I forgot to tell you it would take so long LMAO

only if i had some less imaginative mind i could have given some dic word. but i remember that i was very keen to not let my project leak out so had made a password mixing numbers and alphabets . so dic attack can't help

rama,

If the file is small, you can upload it to 'SETI' servers, they ll distribute the work among several million computers, and eventually crack your password..:p ..jus kiddin.

Ofcourse, you need a better compuer processor and try to get the latest zip password crackers.They will have better algorithms and run faster.
Also try winzip site, and email the tech. They might offer some help with the file :rolleyes: .

ok i 'll start bugging the winzip guys . now i am off to work see u guys after 3 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom