SLI GTX 560 on Crossfire Mobo

steve10765

Daemon Poster
I was thinking of buying a used GPU on Ebay for $70 or cheaper. The problem is my Mobo is Crossfire only.

- If I get a 2GB 560 will it use 2GB VRAM or be limited to my current 1GB VRAM 560?
- What do you guys know about the SLI hack? Have any of you used it? Is it reliable?
- Can I keep drivers up to date with the SLI hack?

MOBO

I am not sure if I might want to SLI in the future, but I would like to know if I can.

SLI info HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards) - techPowerUp! Forums

And yes I will test the GPU with Furmark for a long time

Last edited:
1: You will be limited to the card with the lowest amount of VRAM. SLI and Crossfire mirror their buffer and so you're limited to the card with the lowest amount.

2: I've used it before in its infancy state (2009/2010) and it worked and did last year with HyperSLI. Bout all I can say, as I did it on a 790FX board, and P55 board. Is it reliable? Not really, see below.

3: No. Most driver updates break the SLI hack and so you need to wait for a HyperSLI update before updating drivers.

It should work decent on your motherboard, as you can do dual 8x mode whereas my Crossfire only boards were 16/4. That hampered things a lot. In my totally honest opinion, it's not worth the hassle.

Back
Top Bottom