Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VIDEO CARD

• I dont know.....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Western Digital, speaking of money...I sent in a rebate to them a long ass time ago for one of their SATA 10,000RPM drives, $25 bucks back, never received it, or haven't 'yet' anyway

TheMajor said:
lol, are you serious?

Harddisk manufacturers display the drives' capacity using decimal number. In binary 1024=1GB. In decimal 1000=1GB

Hitachi is the leading manufacturer for very small hdd's like the one's in Ipod's and similar things.

Seagate without a single doubt. Maxtor might be faster but I don't want to count the number of Maxtor drives that died on me.

all my maxtors gave me problems, but my western digitals were always good. had a problem with one cause my daughter kept powering down the pc without shutting off and when it went they sent me a brand new one free of charge, plus i got my rebate for my raptor. gotta love wd.

i voted for maxtor..yes they crash , but mune run 24-7 and i push the h#*l out of them. price cant be beat for what you can do to them. Here is the kicker, i shorted one out (live mobo, and loose screw into drive) and they replaced it for free! and because the drive i had was smaller than the smallest one they had , i got the bigger one! not bad at all . and still all i had to pay was shipping back to them within 30 days. Thanks Maxtor !
one other thing ...the reason you only get "X" amount out of any given drive is because they withhold that ammount fot the partition info ....boot sector in relation to drive area for programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom